These are some easy, healthy dinner faves which work well during the Nine (meatless) Days. These are the bare bones recipes; feel free to modify as desires. Consider them dinner templates.
- Elbow Macaroni
- Sliced Portobello mushrooms, sauteed in olive oil, sprinkled with salt, pepper, turmeric, paprika
Hubby sprinkles cheese on his pasta, I prefer mine with Newman’s Marinara sauce (with all natural ingredients). These mushrooms were sooooo good. I sliced them fairly thin and sauteed them until tender. Yum yum.
- Mushrooms, Tomatoes and Onions sauteed in Olive Oil, spiced with coriander, turmeric, salt and pepper
This is yummy when everything is mixed all together, and little man loves to pick the ziti up with his little fingers.
- Near East Rice – any one of ‘em
- Roasted Eggplant, sprinkled with salt and pepper
One of the things I love about Near East Products is that they are fast to make. Usually 20-25 minutes and voila – dinner! For the eggplant, it’s best to cut it into little pieces and then roast it at 400 degrees until yummy and crispy.
- Imagine Tomato Soup
- Zucchini and Eggplant sauteed in Olive Oil
- Near East Couscous
This is a dish I made at my parents’ house. I cut the veggies into little cubes, sauteed them, set them aside. Then I made the couscous, set that aside. Then I warmed up the soup and dropped everything inside. Yummy, and it only took one pot! Score!
You’re on your own for the other five days, but these are just a view ideas to start you off.