Well. It’s the beginning of the month again, which means it’s time for menu planning! Last month I didn’t post my plan because we were out of town for eleven days, and I kept having that nagging feeling that it’s not good practice to advertise extended absences (not that I have much to burgle anyways, but, hey, you know).
That said, I still made a plan. I find that it’s not only enjoyable to plan what yummy food I want to make, but it makes shopping simpler (and, I think, more cost-effective), and it also makes the what’s-for-dinner-tonight dilemma moot. ‘Cause I know what’s for dinner. Every night. Sometimes I do deviate from the menu, but it’s still overwhelmingly helpful to have all my meals planned out for the month. Mmmm hmmmm.
And here are the dinners:
- Sunday the 1st ~ Leftover from Shabbos. Simple.
- Monday the 2nd ~ Crunchy Tofu Thai Salad – Quick and Kosher
- Tuesday the 3rd ~ Kalmein (with leftover chicken from chicken soup) – Kosher by Design Short on Time
- Wednesday the 4th ~ Salmon in Foil, couscous
- Thursday the 5th ~ Lasagne, salad
- Shabbos ~ Gefilte fish (half a loaf), salad, Chicken Soup (from freezer), Kishka-stuffed chicken – KBDSOT, Broccoli kugel – QK, Chocolate chip cookies – QK
Shabbos lunches we’ll be spending with friends we want to see before we move in two months.
- Sunday the 7th ~ Leftovers from Shabbos
- Monday the 8th ~ Creamy Thai Sweet Potato Soup – KBDSOT, bread
- Tuesday the 9th ~ Turkey Marsala – KBDSOT, rice
- Wednesday the 10th ~ Tuna Stir-Fry
- Thursday the 11th ~ Linguini and tomato sauce florentine – QK, salad
- Shabbos ~ Gefilte fish (the other half of the loaf), Asian cabbage salad – QK, Butternut squash soup – QK, Primavera chicken – KBDSOT, Broccoli kugel (from freezer), Applesauce cake – QK
- Sunday the 15th ~ yeah, Shabbos leftovers again
- Monday the 16th ~ Cornmeal-Crusted Flounder – KBDSOT
- Tuesday the 17th ~ Creamy Thai Sweet Potato Soup (from freezer), bread
- Wednesday the 18th ~ Greek Garlic Chicken – KBDSOT, rice
- Thursday the 19th ~ Pasta Nicoise – QK
- Shabbos ~ Black Bean and Salsa Salmon – QK, Israeli Salad, Butternut Squash Soup (from freezer), Maple-Walnut Chicken – KBDSOT, Noodle Kugel, Applesauce Cake – QK
- Sunday the 22nd ~ and…wait for it…Shabbos Leftovers!
- Monday the 23rd ~ Hot and Sour Soup – KBDSOT, rice and veggies
- Tuesday the 24th ~ Fiesta Turkey Burgers – KBDSOT
- Wednesday the 25th ~ Salmon and Fennel, rice
- Thursday the 26th ~ Spinach and Cheddar Calzone – QK
- Shabbos ~ Tuna croquettes- KBDSOT, salad, chicken soup, noodle kugel, Honey Chicken – QK, Chocolate chip banana cake –QK
- Sunday the 29th ~ Do I even need to tell you?
- Monday the 30th ~ Fish Tacos
- Tuesday the 31st ~ Hot and Sour Soup (from freezer), rice and veggies
And for everything else:
- Breakfast ~ Eggs, waffles and/or cereal
- Lunch ~ some sort of pasta or carb for my toddler, and for me, usually leftovers or pasta or a sandwich
- Snacks ~ Muffins, banana bread and lots of fruit. Some crackers, rice cakes and chips for the little man, and some mashed food for the really little one.