Since we’re moving in less than a month (Aaaaahhhhhh!), my June menu plan’s focus is on using up everything that I have in my house. In the fridge, the freezer, the cupboards (I found a ridiculous amount of corn meal. Go figure). I was not looking forward to this inventory of items. At all. I put it off for many hours today (thank you, Facebook, for the constant diversions), but in the end it wasn’t nearly as painful as I expected. Yay!
I had to get a little creative at times with the hodgepodge of items (3 cans coconut milk, 2 jars of taco sauce, 1/2 pack of egg noodles, some wasabi powder, etc.), but the overall menu is actually fairly normal-seeming. It was actually kind of fun to find new recipes to use some of the items that didn’t immediately bring to mind a favorite recipe.
Without further ado . . . the menu.
- Shabbos, the 3rd ~ Dinner: Tuna croquettes (Kosher by Design, Short on Time), Israeli salad, Chicken Soup, Walnut Maple Chicken with Sweet Potato Aioli (KBD, SOT), Noodle Kugel, Zebra Cookies (KBD, SOT). We’re going out for lunch.
- Sunday, the 5th ~ Leftovers from Shabbos, Toasted Barley and Mushrooms (Spice & Spirit).
- Monday, the 6th ~ Lasagna & Coleslaw.
- Shavuous! the 7th through 9th ~ First Night: Savory Baked Chickpeas (S&S), Avocado Salad (S&S), Curried Pepper Steak (S&S), Cornbread, Berry Pie (recipe from a friend). We’re going out for the rest of the meals. Don’t hate.
- Shabbos, the 10th & 11th ~ We’re going out both meals. Hey, we’re moving and want to socialize while we still can.
- Sunday, the 12th ~ Tacos with Cornbread.
- Monday, the 13th ~ Black Bean and Salsa Salmon (Quick & Kosher) with Pea Salad.
- Tuesday, the 14th ~ Thai Chicken and Coconut Rice Salad (KBD, SOT).
- Wednesday, the 15th ~ Kidney Bean Omelette with Spelt Rolls.
- Thursday, the 16th ~ Noodles with Cheese, Salad.
- Shabbos, the 17th & 18th ~ Dinner: Sweet & Sour Salmon (S&S), Salad, Chicken Soup (from freezer), Honey Chicken (Q&K), Potato Kugel (S&S). We’re out for lunch, B”H.
- Sunday, the 19th ~ Leftovers from Shabbos.
- Monday, the 20th ~ Lasagne and Salad.
- Tuesday, the 21st ~ Chicken Pot Pie (from freezer) with Cornbread.
- Wednesday, the 22nd ~ Salmon (this was a big hit with my husband last month), Couscous.
- Thursday, the 23rd ~ Noodles with Cheese, Salad. Classic.
- Shabbos, the 24th & 25th – We’ll be out for both meals. Our last Shabbos in Cleveland. :(
- Sunday, the 26th ~ Meatballs (from freezer) and Cornbread.
- Monday, the 27th ~ Moving Day!!!!!!!
- Tuesday the 28th through Thursday the 30th ~ we’ll be in Baltimore, and at some point, in our new apartment. I’m not sure what we’ll be eating, but it will either be extremely simple (think noodles and cheese) or take-out. We’ll see.
Lunches and Snacks:
I have a lot of flour-type ingredient in my pantry (did you see all the cornbread in that menu plan? It’s out of control!), so I’m hoping to make many batches of muffins, breads, etc. These should be good for my toddler to snack on, and good traveling food as the time approaches.
As always, we snack on plenty of fruit and yogurt. I will continue to try to feed my toddler more than just carbohydrates, so I’ll try some eggs, soups and fruits. He ate a mango today AND some grapes, so that was pretty exciting for me (it doesn’t take much). I usually eat whatever is left over, though I’ve been thinking about paying more attention to my diet. Well, probably after the move (my new mantra).
And that’s it for June’s menu planning. Have a great Shabbos!