Today’s post is by Chavi Singer, who I know from my “real” life. Just recently I discovered that she has a fantastic blog, Easy Jewish Home. I’ve been have a blast browsing her posts. They are chock full of great tips for running a busy household, recipes, crafty things, parenting, well, you should really check it out!
~ ~ ~
Moving? Have a box (or two or three) labeled “right away”. This should include:
- Bedding – sheets, blankets, pillows
- Pajamas for each family member
- One set of clean clothes for each family member, including socks and undies
- Basic toiletries – toothbrush and paste, shampoo, hand soap, and toilet paper
- Things your kids can’t live without – special dolls, toys, stuffed friends, and a few books
- Kitchen: small stock of paper cups, plates, napkins, and plasticware, box of cereal
- Kitchen: COFFEE
This should allow you to get to your new place, get into bed, get up again, and stumble to the stack of boxes awaiting your attention. Smile!
8 thoughts on “Guest Post: Moving Tips”
The tip about having “Pajamas for each family member” is a good one for traveling too. It is always handy to have them at the top of the bag or suitcase.
So true. For younger kids, you can dress them in sweatpants and T-shirts, or even their pajamas so they don’t even have to change!
Great tips! Although it made me realize I hope to never move again.
Mmm, I despise moving. The only good thing about it is it makes you get rid of clutter. :)
where will you be in Baltimore? If you need anything, feel free to call us. We’re in the eruv list
Avi and Chana Esther Fogel
These are great ideas!
My mother always unpacked the linens first (when going away for the summer) – cuz by the time you get there, everyone’s so tired. This way, as soon as the kids were ready, we were able to plop into bed!
great post! and I had no idea Chavi has a blog – I’m headed there now to check it out!